County North Yorkshire, that is famous for its medieval stone castles, historic manors, tremendous cathedrals and the ruins of the destroyed monasteries in the North of England. One of the jewels of antiquity is the Marmion Tower of the 15th century, the only preserved part of the vintage Tanfield Castle. It is believed, that the castle was owned by the Marmion family that gave the name to the Tower. The stone three-tier construction with well-preserved Oriel was inhabited, as evidenced by the fine carving on the walls in the interior. Probably until 1725, when a stone bridge was built across the river Ur, where the wooden bridge was carried out up and down from the Tower.